Enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. in July and August. This year’s lineup and links where you can learn more about each artist/band:
- July 6 – Truth and Rites – TnR is a Roots Reggae band based in Pittsburgh
- July 13 – Mike Why – Beatboxer, vocalist, and maker of funny sounds
- July 20 – City Dwelling Nature Seekers – City Dwelling Nature Seekers is a folk/rock band that has been performing locally and touring for the past 8 years
- July 27 – Meeting of Important People Acoustic! – Pittsburgh-based rock and roll band with a new album called Troika
- August 8 – SLB All Stars – Musicians from the Saturday Light Brigade playing your favorite songs
- August 10 – Lee Robinson and Iska – Exciting, powerful musical journey through jazz styles of contemporary funk, classical and original compositions.
- August 17 – Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers – The Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers draw freely from old-time, bluegrass, country, jazz, rockabilly and swing styles to create their tight, high-energy string band music.
- August 24 – Heather Kropf – Pittsburgh-based artist Heather Kropf has forged a reputation as a talented, dedicated songwriter and performer, producing albums with attention to details that feature some of the city’s best players.
- August 31 – Ben Shannon – Ben Shannon is a performing songwriter in the American folk music tradition.
Join the Sawmill Run Watershed Association and Tree Pittsburgh to plant native trees along the Sawmill Run Stream. We will plant in the Seldom Seen Greenway and the Ansonia Place floodplain. These restoration trees will help improve water quality and prevent erosion by stabilizing the stream banks in these two critical areas.
Bring the entire family, a friend and your rubber boots for this fun watershed event.
*Some planting will occur on steep slopes*
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Registration is requested.
Visit Tree Pittsburgh online to register today!
Join the Saw Mill Run Watershed Association and the Borough of Whitehall for this FREE family friendly event!
- Find out about water in new and unexpected ways
- Explore the stream during Stream Side Discovery
- Play Watershed Games and other hands-on activites
- Become a Water Reporter using our interactive mobile app
- Learn about rain barrels and rain gardens
- And much more!
Bring the entire family, a friend and your rubber boots for this fun watershed celebration!
Lunch will be provided. Registration is requested.
Visit watershedday.eventbrite.com online to register today!
This event is supported with funds from the Allegheny County Conservation District CLIP Grant.