Enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. in July and August. This year’s lineup and links where you can learn more about each artist/band:
- July 6 – Truth and Rites – TnR is a Roots Reggae band based in Pittsburgh
- July 13 – Mike Why – Beatboxer, vocalist, and maker of funny sounds
- July 20 – City Dwelling Nature Seekers – City Dwelling Nature Seekers is a folk/rock band that has been performing locally and touring for the past 8 years
- July 27 – Meeting of Important People Acoustic! – Pittsburgh-based rock and roll band with a new album called Troika
- August 8 – SLB All Stars – Musicians from the Saturday Light Brigade playing your favorite songs
- August 10 – Lee Robinson and Iska – Exciting, powerful musical journey through jazz styles of contemporary funk, classical and original compositions.
- August 17 – Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers – The Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers draw freely from old-time, bluegrass, country, jazz, rockabilly and swing styles to create their tight, high-energy string band music.
- August 24 – Heather Kropf – Pittsburgh-based artist Heather Kropf has forged a reputation as a talented, dedicated songwriter and performer, producing albums with attention to details that feature some of the city’s best players.
- August 31 – Ben Shannon – Ben Shannon is a performing songwriter in the American folk music tradition.